Last year in September 2021, Usyk once again proved to the boxing world why he is one of the true boxing p4p stars as he defeated Anthony Joshua in a sold-out Stadium fight in London.
Joshua the poster boy of British boxing for many years had already suffered a big upset against Andy Ruiz Jr. With him only to bounce back putting on a convincing display to become a two-time heavyweight world champion.
His win over Usyk was meant to cement a potential fight with Tyson Fury for an undisputed heavyweight clash. Only for the man that calls himself “The Cat” to upset the party.
With a rematch clause in the original fight contract. Usyk always knew he would have to prove himself twice against Joshua and of course that is what he will be aiming to do.
Once again Saudia Arabia has pulled out the big bucks to host this event, in what is a country that has happy memories for Anthony Joshua as a place you can bounce back from. While it presents another opportunity for Usyk to win away from home.
Whatever the outcome it should be an interesting clash on August 20th.
Usyk vs Joshua 2 Tactical Overview
You can watch my tactical overview for Usyk vs Joshua 2 below to see my thoughts and tactics both men might employ.
Where can I watch Usyk vs Joshua 2
Usyk vs Joshua 2 will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK.
In the US and Worldwide, you will be able to stream LIVE on DAZN
Estimated Ring Walks
The UK and Europe* – 11 pm
North America EST – 6 pm
There is some interesting fight on the undercard with some former world champions also taking part in Saudia Arabia.
- Filip Hrgovic vs Zhilei Zhang – Eliminator for IBF heavyweight world title (12 rounds)
- Callum Smith vs Mathieu Bauderlique – Eliminator for WBC super-middleweight world title (12 rounds)
- Badou Jack vs Richard Rivera – cruiserweight contest (10 rounds)
- Ramla Ali vs Crystal Garcia Nova – super-bantamweight contest (8 rounds)
- Andrew Tabiti vs James Wilson – heavyweight contest (8 rounds)
- Daniel Lapin vs Jozef Jurko – heavyweight contest (8 rounds)
- Ben Whittaker vs Peter Nosic – light-heavyweight contest (6 rounds)
- Bader Alsamreen vs Fuad Tarverdi – super-lightweight contest (6 rounds)
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs Jose Alatorre – super-lightweight contest (4 rounds)
- MoneyKicks vs Traycho Georgiev – welterweight contest (4 rounds)
If you want to learn more about Usyk and Joshua’s boxing styles and how they train. Check out the following articles for more insights.