As boxer and someone who likes to keep fit and healthy, having a good diet is absolutely key if you have any chance in building some muscle mass. You could have the most consistent workout schedule, but if you are not fueling your body correctly you will not see the results you desire.
Building strong lean muscle can be a really hard thing to do if you are not putting in the right nutrients into your body. It can also be difficult if you don’t know where to start or what food exactly to put into your system.
Over the years I had struggled to build up my muscle strength, until I came across The Anabolic Cooking – Cookbook, this is when I finally got the correct nutritional advice and meal prep plans for me to build some strong lean muscle and enjoy cooking again. It was so much simpler than I thought!
In this blog today I’ll give three brilliant recipes for building muscle that you can try out for each key meal time (breakfast, lunch and dinner). They are all really easy to make, simple to prepare and full of flavor which definitely help you build muscle and keep you full.
Now let’s get cooking!
High Protein Pancakes
Makes 1 Serving (6 pancakes)
- – 1/4 cup oatmeal
- – 6 egg whites
- – 1 tbsp ground flax
- – 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- – 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- – 1 teaspoon of Splenda/powder sweetener
- – Honey (optional)
- – Fruit strawberries, blueberries, banana (optional)
- 1. Mix all the above in a blender or you can mix in a bowl. (Needs to be mixed well)
- 2. First heat a frying pan until hot and then reduce to medium temperature.
- 3. After mixing together all the ingredients in a blender, spray some pam (or other cooking spray), drop by spoonful onto the plan, flipping when bubbles start to form.
- 4. Make about 6 pancakes.
- 5. Add some organic honey or fruit on the side (optional)
- Calories: 259
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fat: 4g
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Makes 1 Servings
- – 1 teaspoon olive oil
- – 3 cups broccoli
- – 2 thinly sliced carrot
- – 1 onion, cut into wedges
- – 6 oz. sirloin steak cut into strips
- – 3 tbsp low sodium chicken or beef broth
- – 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- – 1 teaspoon whole wheat flour
- – 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
- – Noodles or Jasmine Rice
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet/wok and add the prepared vegetables.
- 2. Cook, stirring until veggies are crisp tender and onions are browned. Put aside.
- 3. Stir in the beef strips, cook until desired donenes.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve the flour; add to the beef mixture and cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens
- 5. Add noodles to wok and stir in with other ingredients for 3-5 mins. (prepare rice separately)
- Calories: 554
- Protein: 58g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fat: 19g
Rosemary Marinated Salmon
Makes 4 Servings
- – 1 Tbs. Lemon juice
- – 1/2 tsp. Rosemary, crumbled, or 2 tsp freshly chopped
- – 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- – 4 six ounce salmon steaks
- 1. Combine all ingredients, except salmon, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- 2. Pour mix into the bottom of a small baking dish.
- 3. Add salmon steaks and turn to coat.
- 4. Marinate 15 minutes.
- 5. Wrap each steak in aluminum foil
- 6. Bake for about 20mins at 350 degrees F or 180 Celsius
- Calories: 226
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fat: 10g
The above meals are very simple and quick easy to make, but most importantly will definitely help to build your muscle mass.
These are just three brilliant recipes I have learnt and that have really helped with my training resulting in being a lot stronger and healthy. What I have discovered is that good nutrition doesn’t have to be boring and simple, you are able to add lots of flavor to it.
For more delicious muscles building recipes like the above, I highly recommend you check out The Anabolic Cooking – Cookbook which can give you a whole range of muscle building recipes.
This is the cookbook that will teach you how to make your own mouth-watering meals that will once and for all give you the opportunity to get the results and the body you deserve! This book is packed with more than 200 amazing recipes that are so simple to make.
Anabolic Cooking will turn you into the cook you never thought you could be…Whether your goal is to build lean muscle mass, lose body fat, stay fit, perform better in gym or simply be healthy, this cookbook is a must-have in your kitchen!
Find out more on their website at www.anaboliccooking.com where you can also get their FREE meal prep guide.
Trust me you want be left disappointed!
Thanks reading as always!
Stephen Fulton's Cool Boy nickname typifies his boxing style in the ring. He is a fighter who has all the slick boxing skills in the game to have a successful career and potentially be one of the...
The shoulder roll is a very popular defensive move in boxing that uses the lead shoulder to deflect incoming punches. Many boxers use it occasionally, but then there are those who center their entire...